I love cornbread. Probably too much. When I acquired my grandmother’s cornbread-only skillet, I decided to make the most of it!
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/3-1/2 C frozen or canned corn
- 1-2 glugs evoo
- Preheat oven to 400*F. If you’re using a cast iron skillet like I did (pictured above), you’ll want to preheat the skillet as well. You could also use an 8″ square baking dish.
- Combine cornbread mix, milk, egg, garlic powder, paprika, and corn.
- Mix well, but leave some lumps.
- When the oven is preheated, pull out the skillet and swirl some evoo around coating the bottom and edges. But you don’t need your dough swimming/drowning in it. Just get it all wet.
- Pour in batter and stick it back in the oven.
- Cook 20-25 minutes until the top is beautifully browned and a knife comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then slice that baby up and enjoy the corny goodness!