from Everday Foods
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C milk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter melted or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. (or one splash) vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Oil/Pam to prevent sticking
- Assorted toppings such as butter, maple syrup, honey, jams, whipped cream, chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 200 F, have a baking sheet & aluminum foil ready to keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl (I use my 2 C measuring cup & whisk), mix together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Whisk these together until just moistened. *Do not over-mix; a few small lumps are fine. If you over-mix, the pancakes will turn out stiff and rubbery.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over just-below-medium heat. Oil the pan if necessary to prevent sticking.
- For each pancake spoon 2-3 tbsp of batter onto the skillet. While the bottom side of the pancakes are cooking, add any extras such as chocolate chips, strawberry pieces, bananas, blueberries, etc.
- Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles and the edges look dry—1-2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula and cook until browned on the underside. Transfer the pancakes to the baking sheet in the oven or put them on a plate and cover them with aluminum foil. Serve warm with assorted toppings.