Yields 4 individual cakes.
- 4 squares of Baker’s Premium 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate
- ½ C butter
- 1 C icing [powedered] sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. icing [powdered] sugar
- 1 pint of raspberries or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425F. Butter four ¾-C custard cups or soufflé dishes. (Smallest ramekins in the set.) Place on baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in large microwavable bowl on high about 1 minute or until butter is completely melted. Reheat in 30 second intervals if necessary to avoid burning. Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add 1 C sugar and mix well. Blend in whole eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Pour into prepared custard cups.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand 1 minute.
- Carefully run small knife around edges of cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert plates. If you want more sugar, dust evenly with 1 tsp icing sugar. Top with berries. Serve warm.
Tips: Batter can be prepared ahead of time. Pour into prepared custard cups; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, uncover and bake as directed. Frozen fruit of any kind would pair nicely with this dessert.