Cheesy Veggie Quinoa
- 1 C quinoa (rinsed and lightly toasted in the pot you will cook in)
- 2 C water (vegetable stock or chicken stock would be good too)
- 1 C shredded cheese (parmesan or cheddar would be good)
- 1 large zucchini, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped into bite-size pieces
- extra virgin olive oil
- S & P to taste
- Rinse quinoa and toast on medium heat, stirring until it’s dry and slightly brown. Add 2 C of liquid and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and simmer on med-low heat for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Chop zucchini and tomatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with e.v.o.o. until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (I like to use Montreal Steak seasoning sometimes).
- Spread the zucchini and tomatoes on a baking sheet (preferably one with sides) and broil until they are brown and look nice. You may want to oil the baking sheet with Pam or e.v.o.o. on a paper towel.
- When everything is done, add the vegetables and cheese to the quinoa and stir until the cheese is melty throughout. Enjoy!