- 3 C quick rolled oats
- ¾ C raisins, craisins, chopped dried apricots or other dried fruit
- ½ – ¾ C dark chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped nuts (I keep cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds in my pantry)
- ¼ C wheat germ (optional)
- ½ C butter or stick margarine, melted & cooled
- ¾ C peanut butter (chunky)
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- ½ C white corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix all moist ingredients in smaller bowl.
- Stir the moist into dry and blend well. Press well into greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake 20 – 22 minutes on middle rack at 350 degrees. Edges should be very light brown.
*Do not over-cook or they will be dry & crumbly instead of soft & chewy.