I’ve been using the chocolate chip cookie recipe that came with my KitchenAid stand mixer and have gotten lots of requests for it so I thought I’d share it with you. Also, notice that I have a Recipe Page, so you can come back there anytime to find it rather than having to fish through all of the posts.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 4 ½ dozen
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Place sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix with a stand or hand mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to medium speed and beat about 30 more seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Gradually add baking soda, salt and flour to sugar mixture, mixing on slow speed, and mix about 2 minutes. Turn to medium speed and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips and mix on low speed until incorporated, about 15 seconds.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto greased or non-stick baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cook on wire racks.