I am not an optimist. I used to be. I am not any more. I believe the digression from Optimist to Pessimist started after the finale of the final episode of Gilmore Girls. Since then I have realized life doesn’t wrap up nicely all the time. We may get the outcomes we want, but struggle quite a bit getting there. Not that I consider Luke and Lorelai’s relationship (I wish I could say marriage, but we’ll never know, thanks Warner Brothers) or anything about that show to be an accurate reflection of life. I just hated the ending.
All that to say, since I’ve realized I’m a Pessimist, I’m going to try to make a mental list every day of things that made me happy. For instance, I let the fact that I have to return my yoga ball for the 3rd time really get to me (I was ready to break something). Instead of continuing to list frustrations, I am going to list happy things.
- I was able to run on the treadmill for over 25 minutes without stopping! (That’s huge for me.)
- I think Lola is finally learning her name! (She looks at me when I say it. But I think she would look at me if I made any sort of noise to distract her while she is resting.)
- The weather is becoming chilly–which means we’re closer to Christmas and Christmas cups at Starbucks!
- I got my jeans repaired (after leaving them on the floor of my closet for over a year) and it feels like I’m wearing a new pair! Without the cost!
- My sister will be here one week from today! (*Hoping for good weather.*)
- I had sushi for lunch!
See, already I’m in a better mood. What made you happy today? Share it with me :o)